Young Farmers and Ag Professionals
Young Farmers and Ag Professionals are agricultural producers, other ag professionals and ag enthusiasts 18-35 years old who are…
Growing through action
- Acquiring cutting-edge information through participation in educational conferences;
- Building a network with fellow farmers, ranchers, and agricultural enthusiasts;
- Earning recognition for their achievements in business and excellence and leadership success; and
- Continuing their professional development and personal growth.
Leading through service
- Providing workable solutions for issues affecting agriculture;
- Influencing public policies that affect agriculture now and in the future;
- Sharing the story of agriculture with diverse audiences; and
- Serving their communities by volunteering and making a difference.
Still have questions?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, call us at 609-393-7163
New Jersey Farm Bureau YF&R Officers
Shannon Oiler grew up in the Somerset County 4-H program. She had many opportunities to travel across the country through 4-H. Shannon majored in Social and Behavioral Sciences at Seton Hall University. After graduation began working full-time at Norz Hill Farm & Market in Hillsborough. At the farm she was able to use her degree to help grow the education programs. Shannon helps with many aspects of the farm now after growing through the years. She was chair 2015-2017 and is excited to return to the job. In her free time she volunteers with 4-H and enjoys skiing, reading and relaxing.
Tom Knezick grew up on his family’s native plant nursery Pinelands Nursery & Supply in Columbus, NJ (Burlington County). He became interested in the agricultural and the nursery industry as a child when he planted his first pussy willow at age 2. Tom’s current role is as the Production Analyst at Pinelands Nursery where his primary focus is business strategy and branding. He also owns and operates an online garden center with his wife Melissa. Tom is also a member of the New Jersey Nursery and Landscape Association Board of Directors and the Atlantic Seed Association Executive Committee.