Young Farmers and Ag Professionals
Young Farmers and Ag Professionals are agricultural producers, other ag professionals and ag enthusiasts 18-35 years old who are…
Growing through action
- Acquiring cutting-edge information through participation in educational conferences;
- Building a network with fellow farmers, ranchers, and agricultural enthusiasts;
- Earning recognition for their achievements in business and excellence and leadership success; and
- Continuing their professional development and personal growth.
Leading through service
- Providing workable solutions for issues affecting agriculture;
- Influencing public policies that affect agriculture now and in the future;
- Sharing the story of agriculture with diverse audiences; and
- Serving their communities by volunteering and making a difference.
Farm Bureau’s strength depends on its members’ abilities to analyze agricultural issues and decide on solutions that best meet their needs. Competitive events provide an opportunity to recognize outstanding members.
In 2022, the winner of the Achievement Award, Excellence in Agriculture Award and Discussion Meet received a new Ford truck, courtesy of Ford. The three runners-up received a Case IH Farmall 50A tractor, courtesy of Case IH. Third place finalists received a Case IH 40” Combination Roll Cabinet & Top Chest and a $500 parts card, courtesy of Case IH, a $2,500 Investing in Your Future cash prize, courtesy of American Ag as well as $1,850 of Stanley Black & Decker merchandise, courtesy of Stanley Black & Decker. Fourth place finalists received a Case IH 40” Combination Roll Cabinet & Top Chest and a $500 parts card, courtesy of Case IH.
Click here to learn more about the three competitive events.
Still have questions?
Send an email to email@example.com
Or, call us at 609-393-7163
New Jersey Farm Bureau YF&AP Officers
Rebekah Alstede grew up as the second generation at Alstede Farms in Chester, NJ. Throughout her experience in agriculture she has been involved with Farm Bureau at the state and national level and additionally at the collegiate level at Delaware Valley University where she continued to compete at the national Discussion Meet. She is currently finishing two degrees in Agricultural Business and Sustainable Agriculture and plans to take over ownership of her family farm.
Outside of her position with YFAP, she serves as Treasurer for Burlington County Board of Ag Women’s Committee, an active voting member to New Jersey Farm Bureau Women’s Committee, and is actively involved with her county Board of Agriculture.
She also enjoys connecting with local producers in the area as she is a Farm Service Agency Program Technician for the USDA office in her hometown. Even though she is not actively participating on a farm, you can find her riding tractors in parades, at her county fair, and connecting with farmers all across her county!